Pages

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

What I would like to see...

Ok, with the election coming up, I'm going to dip into a little bit of politics for a second... I had every intention of actually photo shopping a mock ballot, but I don't feel like waiting that long. This rant stems from a video on youtube about voters being questioned about who they are voting for. The ideas given were those of McCains, but the voters were told that they were Obama's. Here's the video (well, audio)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5p3OB6roAg. I find it absolutely amazing that people are so dumb!!! Anyhoo...on to what I would like to see...

These days, ballots include choices to vote straight republican, straight democrat, or you can vote individually. So, instead of having 'John McCain' and 'Barack Obama' as your options, what if people were given a list of political stances? For instance: Vote for this guy because he's pro-life, supports the war, and has a vice president that is pro-guns. Vote for the other guy because he's pro-choice, anti-war, and has minimal experience. I know who I'm voting for...it's such an easy choice!!!

I bet we would get a completely different turn out if elections were run that way!!! Gotta run though...

~Peanut


"Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber."
-Plato

No comments:

Post a Comment