Pages

Thursday, October 23, 2008

My car is on crack

Ok, so maybe it's not really on crack, but it sure is strange sometimes!!!

The other day, I was on my way to work and hadn't even made it out of my neighborhood yet. I slowed down because there was a little boy running on the other side of the street heading towards the bus stop. When I hit the gas...the rpms went through the roof, but I didn't go any faster. Hmm. I hit the gas again...same thing happened. Now I'm starting to think "this is not a good way to start the day...". Well, I slowed down to about 5 mph and then tried the gas again. This time it actually engaged and I was able to drive again. My car has had it's issues in the past. It's shifted hard from the day I bought it, so I don't really look at that as a problem anymore. This...however...is a problem. Maybe I'll check the trans fluid tonight when I get home... The funniest part of this story...yesterday, it was running like a champ!!! Smooth shifting, good acceleration, the works...who knows...

Oh yeah...1000 hits!!! woohoo!!! And that's after the new counter was put up...the last one took a dump, and then I didn't have one for a while...ok, so I'm a little bit of a nerd when it comes to finding out that so many people are reading my tidbits :-) But why aren't any of you following? heheheee

Now, I think the country needs this right now with the upcoming election. I got this Sunday after church when Michael and I went to a pancake breakfast given at our church...(credit to the Men of the Sacred Hearts and the Knights of Columbus for this one....)

AN ELECTION PRAYER TO MARY

O Most Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of Mercy, at this most critical time, we entrust the United States of America to your loving care.

Most Holy Mother, we beg you to reclaim this land for the glory of your Son. Overwhelmed with the burden of the sins of our nation, we cry to you from the depths of our hearts and seek refuge in your motherly protection.

Look down with mercy upon us and touch the hearts of our people. Open our minds to the great worth of human life and to the responsibilities that accompany human freedom.

Free us from the falsehoods that lead to the evil of abortion and threaten the sanctity of family life. Grant our country the wisdom to proclaim that God's law is the foundation on which this nation was founded, and that He alone is the True Source of our cherished rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
O Merciful Mother, give us the courage to reject the culture of death and the strength to build a new Culture of Life.

Amen.

~Peanut


"As your faith is strengthened you will find that there is no longer the need to have a sense of control, that things will flow as they will, and that you will flow with them, to your great delight and benefit."
-Emmanuel

No comments:

Post a Comment