Pages

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My, how expectations change...

I got to thinking the other day about what I used to think married life was like. When I was little (and I mean 6 or 7) I looked at all the married couples I knew and here's what I thought married couples always did:

1) go to "Broadway" shows on a regular basis
2) always happy
3) never fighting
4) always had a dog or cat
5) never struggled with money
6) did things together all the time outside of the house
7) went out to dinners and movies a lot
8) mom stayed home, dad worked
9) drove nice cars
10) everything was "perfect"

Well! As we all know...that is NOT married life. I'm not married yet, but will be in May. People fight, people struggle, they may not always drive nice cars, and things were DEFINITELY not perfect... I'm so glad that I'm with my soul mate! I wouldn't trade him for the world. :-)

~Peanut


"Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years."
-Simone Signoret

No comments:

Post a Comment