Pages

Monday, October 6, 2008

No fun...No fun at all!!!

Being sick sucks. That's all there is to it! I started feeling icky last Monday. It came and went a little bit each day, but today...I was just weak all over, worn out, stuffy, sore throat, and crabby-crabby-crabby!!! I took a half day from work, stopped at the store for some orange juice and chicken noodle soup, and came home. When I got home, I took some medicine, poured a glass of oj (even after my near orange juice over-dose on Friday), and took a nap. I'm feeling a little better, but will be taking more medicine before bed tonight!

On the puzzle front, I've got part of the kangaroo put together, and will hopefully be able to finish it tonight!!!

This weekend was pretty good to. Cletus and Hoopah went to the MSU-Iowa game on Saturday which left me with an empty house. I actually got the stuff done that I needed to, except for actually baking the lasagna for the party on Sunday. That stuff takes friggin forever...but MAN is it good!!!

The party was a lot of fun too. Both of my sisters (plus one sister's hubby) were here with their little ones, my aunt, uncle, cousin and his girlfriend were here, another of my cousins was here, then there were me and Cletus. It was a full house, but it was a really good time! I was pretty proud of myself for having my first attempt at lasagna turn out as well as it did. My mom had some adjustments that she usually uses on the same recipe, so I took her advice with all but one part. I got many complements! :-) Yes, I'm tooting my own horn!!!

~Peanut


"If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you."
-Author Unknown

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you are sick. We are trying to plan a night of Mario Party, maybe you, me, Adam, Cletus. I have the game and system, I think I might need another controller or two. Let me know when you guys are free. :)

    ReplyDelete