Pages

Monday, October 13, 2008

Murphy's Law...or WHAT???

This morning at work, I and 3 other coworkers were given a project that needed to be completed sometime yesterday. It only took a total of about an hour or so, but felt like forever. Now, I hardly EVER get any phone calls while I'm at work. Cletus text's me when he goes on break, but outside of that I might talk to my sisters once a day, maybe once every couple of days. No big deal, right? Here's the funny part...we all get this project, and about 3/4 of the way through it, Cletus texts me. I tell him I just got a project and can't chat long. He says no biggie, love you, talk to you later. About 2 minutes after I text him back, my sister calls to make sure her new cell number is actually working. Then, about 2 minutes after that, my brother calls my cell. I'm in the middle of this huge project so I say to myself 'I'll call ya back in 10' and let the phone ring. Then, he called me on my work phone, so I answered. Got the phone number for him that he needed and told him to call back if for whatever reason he couldn't get through on that one. About 30 seconds after I hung up with him, another co-worker called me to let me know the IT guy was bringing the overnights up to me. About a minute after that one, my brother called me back to get a different phone number cause he didn't get an answer on the first one. By this time I'm about ready to rip my hair out cause my report isn't balancing.

Here's a little more of a funny...while I was on the phone with my brother the first time, he says "I just talked to her (my sister) literally an hour ago". So I had to tell him that she had just called me 2 minutes before to make sure her new cell number was working and that's why he didn't get her on her old cell number. OYE!!! My head is hurting just thinking about it! lol

Long story short...I hardly get phone calls, then the one day I have a huge project to get done ASAP I get 2 texts, and 5 phone calls in a 10 minute time frame!!!

On another note, exactly one year ago today, my mom and I were on our way to Ireland!!! What was a once in a lifetime trip was ruined thanks to travelocity .com. If you want more on that story, you can read the Travelocity Story here. I will never, ever, ever, ever, EVER use Travelocity again. They didn't do a darn thing for us. It's hard to believe it's been a whole year...I sooooo want to go back!

~Peanut


"The telephone is a good way to talk to people without having to offer them a drink."
-Fran Lebowitz

1 comment:

  1. You forgot to say that I told you "you rock"

    ReplyDelete