Pages

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

It's all coming together!

It's hard to believe that the shower is only 4 days away!!! I can't believe it's already been almost a year and a half since Michael and I got engaged. It's been fun, but it's starting to get a little stressful. Especially when I pull something like I found out about yesterday...here's the story...

When we ordered the invitations, we had a couple of options for the reception information. We could either print the information right on the invitation for an extra...I don't remember, $4 or $6 or something stupid like that. Well, I didn't want to clutter up the actual wedding part of it, so we passed. The other option was to spend another, oh, $30-40 on an actual reception card that could have had all the information needed...where it is, when it starts and when dinner would be served. We decided to pass on that, and I would make the reception cards. Not a big deal. We ordered the invites and the RSVP cards with envelopes and all, and went on our merry way. WELL! I got to creating all these extra little papers to go in: directions, map, hotel info, along with 'entertainment' information for the 3 hours between the ceremony and reception. Done! Yeah...not so much. The invitations got mailed out on Monday. Tuesday, a bunch of people already had them, and within minutes of delivery, a co-worker who is invited got an email from her husband asking "is there was a separate card for the reception, and what time does it start?" CRAP. So, here I am, feeling like a complete idiot because the reception information is not in the wedding invitations!!! Man, am I glad I'm only doing this once!!! Anyways, I sat down and threw together a postcard yesterday that has the name of the reception hall, address, date, time it starts, and time dinner will be served. The date almost didn't make it on there...that would have just made my day!!!

So, I've decided that I need a re-do of August 19 (the day I ordered the invitations), and a re-do on the last few days!!!

Lord help me through this!!!

~Peanut


"Memory is what tells a man that his wife's birthday was yesterday."
-Mario Rocco

1 comment:

  1. lol....love aren't invitations fun! We put a little card in each envelope that listed our wedding website address. Few of the guests that actually utilized the website for the mapquest feature got turned around a bit. Even our d.j.! He was 1/2 hour late for the reception because the map for our hall was taking him down a road that didn't exist anymore! lol....that was my fault...but so much can get lost in a mess that is wedding invitations!

    ReplyDelete