Pages

Monday, September 22, 2008

Two gripes in one...

What's with all the secrecy??? I was on myspace the other day checking out some profiles of people I went to school with. I would say 7 out of 10 of them were private. I don't get it...what's to hide? Are people too 'party animal-ish' to have their profiles viewed by the general public? Now, I'm obviously not talking about 16-17 year olds. By all means...those SHOULD be private and monitored by parents. No, I'm talking people my age...mid to late 20's...and older. Are they afraid their boss might see what's going on and they might lose their job? Oh, and blogs being private? Come on...if you don't want people to read your blog, buy a diary. Ok, that's all on that subject.

Now...a co-worker's daughter is getting married next year. They went to David's Bridal this weekend and saw that a lot of the bridesmaid dresses were only $99. BONUS!!! So, since I'm at work right now, and can't leave the office for an hour long lunch, I called the store to ask if the particular dress I'm looking for is one of the ones on sale. Here's how the conversation went:

David's Girl: Thank you for calling David's Bridal would you like to make an appointment?
Peanut: *the girl said the greeting VERY fast* I'm sorry, I didn't hear you...
David's Girl: Would you like to make an appointment?
Peanut: Oh! No, I was just wondering if a particular dress is on sale right now.
David's Girl: Well, our sale ends today, would you like to make n appointment to come in?
Peanut: No, I just want to know if this dress is on sale.
David's Girl: I can put you down for an appointment if you'd like to come in and take a look around.
Peanut: No, I already have my gown, I'm looking at bridesmaid dresses right now, and I just want to know if this particular dress is on sale right now.
David's Girl: Well, the only discount your girls can get is the $20 off.
Peanut: Ok, so is there any way to find out if this particular dress is on sale...in the store?
David's Girl: Well, I can take your name and number and have someone call you back.
Peanut: That would be great!

So, I gave her my name, phone number and the dress number, then she practically hung up on me. How many times do you really have to ask a question before you get a straight answer??? Apparently more than I did...because they still haven't called and that was almost 2 hours ago...I could have been there, found the dress and been back to work 3 times by now. Oh well...they probably won't call me back. My co-worker will be up there getting her daughter fitted for a bridesmaid dress tonight so she's going to look for me. OYE!!!

~Peanut


"If the world were a logical place, men would ride side saddle."
-Rita Mae Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment