Pages

Monday, June 9, 2008

What an exciting weekend!

Saturday, Cletus and I went to one of my cousin's graduation parties. It was fun!! Got to see a lot of family, hung out for a while, and ate way too much good food! Best of luck to him and all the he pursues!!

Now on to the nerve racking exciting stuff...anyone that knows me, knows that I'm not a huge fan of storms. I'm ok if it's just raining, or even if there's a little thunder and lightning involved...but when the potential of violence gets involved...count me OUT! Yesterday, there was a very fast moving STRONG band of thunderstorms that moved through the neighborhood. Come to find out, a tornado actually touched down about 2.5 miles from the house...that's exactly the kind of violence I don't like! Cletus stepped outside when the storm started coming through. He was only outside for about 2 min and came back in saying "it's starting to rain". As fast as those words came out of his mouth, we were getting hammered by rain and super high winds. Again...with the violence thing. Now, when I say extremely high winds, I mean trees bending that shouldn't be etc. The fun part of it was watching the power lines behind our next door neighbors house (and 4 houses down for that matter) twist all together and arc like crazy...again with the violence thing. Cletus had just started dinner when the power went out and he still doesn't have any...it's been about 19 hours now. However, my apartment never lost power at all. There were trees down all over the place on my way home last night too....it was crazy. Now I'm going to try my hand at this fun photo posting thing so y'all can see what happened...oh, and I apologize for the blurriness...I was on my bike...

This one is about 5 houses down from us on the opposite side of the street...

Another about 5 houses down...

Gigantic tree in the next door neighbors yard...couldn't get a really good picture of it...

Here's a better one of that tree...

This one was in the front yard of the house directly behind us...I think...notice the roots pulled up on the left.

Don't remember exactly where this one was...


YAY!!

~Peanut


"I am sure it is a great mistake always to know enough to go in when it rains. One may keep snug and dry by such knowledge, but one misses a world of loveliness."
-Adeline Knapp

3 comments:

  1. I happen to *love* storms! Sorry that you were spooked a bit. I hope everyone was okay with all those trees coming down.

    Now, where do you come up with all these great, relevant quotes??

    I'm glad to see Peanut Publications ramping up the production. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The site I find most useful for quotes is this one: http://www.quotegarden.com/index.html

    I love it! It has just about anything you can imagine on it...

    As far as the ramping up production...we'll see how that goes! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, and no one in our neighborhood was hurt during the storm...that I know of...

    ReplyDelete