Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2012

A New Challenge - Day 4

Welcome to Day 4 of the 3rd Annual Commenting Challenge hosted by Jenna at Jenna's Journey! If this is your first time here, please click on the link above for more information. If you're returning to my blog, welcome back! I'm glad you've all stopped by!

I was pretty under the weather yesterday, so I didn't get to complete my commenting duties. I'm still not feeling well, but I will be trying to catch up today!

Today's topic: Tell us about your hobbies! What do you do in your free time? What are your favorite books, movies, music etc?


I have a lot of hobbies! But, what is this "free time" that has been spoken of? LOL My "free time" is usually from 6:00 am until 6:30 am, and then from 8:00 pm until I decide to go to bed. Occasionally, I'll get about an hour, maybe an hour and a half of quiet time in the morning. It just depends on how the kids decide to sleep. Most days, they don't nap at the same time, either, so I can't really sit down and do anything during the day. Granted, when Justin naps, and I only have Julia to care for, I can get my exercising in, and maybe get some chores done around the house so it's not a total loss. It still isn't really time for me to do the things that I want. What are these things that I like to do? My hobbies you ask? Well...I like to crochet, take pictures, partake in what has been lovingly dubbed "recoil therapy" (a.k.a. shooting guns), read books, blog/FB/Babycenter/Pinterest, catch up on TV shows that I don't get to watch when they're on TV, ride my bike - which I haven't done in over two years, sewing, random crafting, cooking, and baking. As you can imagine, with two kids ages two and one (next Wednesday!), there isn't much extra time in my days. Justin is usually up within an hour of my alarm going off, and Julia has started waking an hour earlier than normal. Justin still takes 2 naps a day, but Julia is on one...so...yeah. You can see how that goes!


Oh man...my favorite books? As of late, the Fifty Shades trilogy. I finished it in 12 days (pretty impressive with two kids running around if you ask me!). I'm currently trying to finish the Harry Potter series which I started sometime before 2007. I really enjoy a lot of books by Dean Koontz, and can't wait to get back into some of those...along with some Dan Brown books. As I mentioned yesterday, I have a massive "to-read" list on Goodreads, and it just keeps growing.


As far as movies, I love a LOT of different movies. I am a Disney fanatic at heart, but also really enjoy movies like The Departed, Snatch, Fight Club, What Women Want, Nine Months, The Wedding Planner, Dumb and Dumber, The Mask...the list goes on. As you can see, there's a wide variety there, similar to my taste in music! My CD collection consisted of everything from classical (Handel, Chopin, Beethoven), to pop (Britney Spears, N'Sync, Destiny's Child), to Rock and Metal (Clutch - LOVE CLUTCH!, Slipknot, Metallica). Again...the list goes on! 


I guess my Heinz 57 blood leads to a lot of Heinz 57 tendencies! :-)

Thanks for stopping by again! Please don't hesitate to leave a comment, even if you're not part of the Commenting Challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment