A little over a month ago, Michael was treating the lawn for clover. He read through the instructions on the bottle and went to town on the grass. He sprayed either near the lilacs and the wind carried the chemicals, or he actually sprayed in the lilacs. I double checked the bottle yesterday out of curiosity and noticed that it said not to use near ornamental bushes, trees, or plants. He didn't realize that lilacs are an ornamental tree, so now they're all droopy and one of them has dead leaves on it. They look so sad!!! Anyways, we moved them out of their original home and put them in a new home in the back yard last night. I'm hoping they perk back up with some extra loving so that I can see and smell some new pretty blooms next year!
Here is a picture of the bushes the year after I planted them...
Here are a couple of pictures that I took after we moved them yesterday. They have grown quite a bit, and we had a good amount of blooms last year...but look how sad they look :-(