Pages

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The time that got away...

Ok ok...so I really suck at the daily updates lately!! lol I'm going to get back to that very soon...work has been slightly crazier than before, which isn't allowing me much "surf time". Couple that with no internet access at home still...and you get me! hahahaaa

Anyways...I'm just going to do cliffs notes for this since I'm very limited on time right now. Lunch is only 30 minutes and I've got some stuff I want to check out.

June 12 - Peanut purchased a one way airline ticket to Virgina for June 30th. This ticket, whom people probably assumed was round-trip, was my "vacation to visit my sister"...at least that's what everyone thought. It was really for me to go down there, help her pack, and then drive home on July 2nd so she could surprise everyone at the 4th of July party at my grandparents house. The only people that knew were Cletus and my mom. Let me tell you...that is one of the best kept secrets EVER!!!!! She had been out of the state for 12 years!!! And now she's back home for good!!!

June 27 - Cletus and I headed up to kinde to visit with his family. All the siblings and significant others were there with the niece, nephews, and dogs so it was a pretty full house! Let's see...8 adults, one teen, a toddler, a baby, and 2 dogs in one house. It was FUN!!! I love going up there, even when I have to sleep on the floor lol

June 30 - Got up at 4:30 am to catch my 7ish flight to VA which, for whatever reason, had a layover in Philadelphia. Get to VA, head to lunch with my sis and niece (who is ABSOLUTELY adorable I might add), and then I got to see the house for the first time! We packed some that night too.

July 1 - We got up, finished packing, picked up the trailer, emptied the storage unit and came back home. We emptied the trailer, then reloaded it with all the important stuff first. Well, we got an 8x10 (I think) storage unit and about half of a 1 car garage into a 6x12' trailer. Yes, we rock! A few random other things got taken care of too this day.

July 2 - Got up at 2:30 am (yes...2:30 in the morning-or really close to that). We were out on the road by 3, done at the weigh station and onto the expressway by 4ish. Yeah...we had 3,000 lbs or something like that, loaded in the trailer and truck combined...Off we went on the 15 hour ride home!

July 3 - Cletus and I headed back up to Kinde for the 4th of July parade. There were Model A's to be driven and Cletus was one of the pilots :-) We had lots of fun this weekend too!

July 4 - We were actually in the parade, got to see the MSU cheerleaders, and lots of cool cars, along with a woodchuck...hehee

July 5 - Headed to West Branch for the boat parade at my grandparents house. This is where my sis made her grand entrance! It was priceless. I will never forget the looks on everyones faces....

July 6 - Headed back home...

July 7 - Back to work :-( Bummer 'eh?? It was a very good 10 days if you ask me.

Hope you enjoyed the brief story!! :-)

~Peanut


"The most important trip you may take in life is meeting people halfway."
-Henry Boye

2 comments:

  1. Only a month left to blog about.... :) Day-by-day accounts and all.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What was so funny about the woodchuck? Was it because Cletus's pappy tried to go gangster on the woodchuck or because he missed on 6 of the 11 shots.


    Da Big Guy

    ReplyDelete