Pages

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Patience vs. Tolerance

During our weekly meeting at work last week, we all got a lesson on patience vs. tolerance. A lot of people think they're very, very, VERY patient, when in reality, they're simply extremely tolerant of the situation.

Here's the difference...if there is an end goal that you would like to eventually reach, you are not being patient, you're being tolerant. Take away that end goal and then see how long you'll deal with it. Many, many people are not nearly as patient as they think they are. Take a minute to think of 5 or 10 times that you thought you were being patient. Now...was there an end goal that you had in mind? If the answer is yes, then you were just being tolerant...it's pretty eye opening!!!

Enter my situation...my engagement ring has been gone now since August 7th. I feel naked without it!!! lol I have temporarily replaced it with another ring of mine, but it's not the same...and alas, I have to wait up to 3 weeks to get it back. Am I being patient or tolerant??? I'd like to think I'm being patient, but since there is an end goal of getting my friggin ring back, I guess I'm just being tolerant!!! lol

Anyhoo...back to work I go...

~Peanut


"Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment