Pages

Monday, August 11, 2008

Things that slipped through the proverbial catch up "crack"...

Ok, I missed a couple of things on the "catch up" post yesterday.

Last Thursday, I took my ring in to Jared to get the stone tightened...again. Cletus and I haven't even been engaged for a year and I've had to get it tightened 3 times. This time, I walked in and said "I don't know if there's something wrong with the setting or the stone itself, but this is the 3rd time I've had to come in and get the stone tightened on this." The lady took it and started checking it out. She wrote up a ticket for me, and since I got there at 7:30 pm, I wouldn't be able to pick it up til noon on Friday. She didn't want the guy to rush through it, so I said no biggie. I was REALLY bummed that I had to go that long without it though. Little did I know...

The next day rolls around and I make arrangements to take a super long lunch so that I can go get my ring, and attempt to break even on my time situation at work. Well...I got a phone call from the lady at Jared at about 11:15 am. She told me that after looking at the ring and the diamond closer, they would have to send it back to the home office to be repaired because apparently 2 corners on the stone were chipped!!! WHAT??? Then she said it could take 3 weeks. 3 WEEKS!!! Ok, fine. I guess I can deal with that. Another lady called me a little later requesting the certification for the diamond because she knew they would need it. I sent a text message to Cletus to ask him to pretty please bring it to work so I can make a copy and fax it, or have him take it directly to the store. When I gave him all the details, he said he would go to the store instead of faxing because he wanted some kind of credit for them giving him a "crappy" stone. I told him to be prepared for them to say no because there's no way for them to prove if it was chipped before being set. He wound up getting a rush put on the order, but no credit of any sort. Now, I might only have to wait 2 weeks for it to come back. :-( I miss my ring!!!

This weekend there was plenty of Olympic action being watched! Sunday was definitely the lazy day of the weekend...all we did really was watch the Olympics and screw around on our computers! We saw the men's and women's prelims for gymnastics, watched some diving, volleyball, biking, an we watched Michael Phelps kick some serious arse!!! It was a good weekend.

Ok...back to work time for me!

~Peanut


"Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired."
-Jules Renard

1 comment:

  1. Did you see Lezak in that final leg of the 4 x 100 relay??!? That was amazing!!! Phelps is great, and always fun to watch, but the way Lezak caught up and whomped the French like that make me cheer! :)

    P.S. How's my bid for Veep coming? :)

    ReplyDelete