Pages

Sunday, August 10, 2008

True catch up...

Ok, here's the rest of what's been going on for the last month and 3 days...

The week of July 7th, there wasn't a whole lot going on. Just work and getting the apartment ready for my PartyLite show. Nothing exciting. On Sunday, July 13th, I went to David's with my two sisters, my mom and my adorable niece. We tried on some bridesmaid dresses and I pretty much decided which one I'm going to have my girls wear. I can't wait to see it in my color!!! That same day, I had my PartyLite show. My cousin, who was about 8 1/2 months pregnant at the time, was the consultant. Let me just say, she is an adorable pregnant woman. Most of us had a good time at the party...but my poor niece provided some unexpected "entertainment". She wasn't feeling the greatest for whatever reason, and about half way through the show, got up to get a drink. Her cup was between my sister-who was sitting on my couch-and myself-I was sitting on the love seat. She picked up her cup, took a sip, and almost immediately projectile vomited. I felt so bad for her, and we were all so shocked that no one really responded. My sister and I looked at each other thinking "where did that come from??" Then, she did it again. We all scrambled to get towels etc. I grabbed one, ran back into the living room, and quickly walked her to the bathroom with the towel at her mouth. On the way to the bathroom, she threw up again...and again once we actually got to the bathroom. I felt absolutely terrible for her, and to this day, don't know how I managed to keep MY stomach in check! While my sis and I got her somewhat cleaned up and changed her clothes, she looked at me and said "I feel better now". I almost lost it...

The next day, Cletus and I met with our DJ to finalize some details and get some questions answered. We will be meeting with him again in...oh...April probably. We've got some good stuff planned!!! :-)

July 15th was another meeting with our priest. It was fairly short and sweet. Just discussing some of our "pre-marital requirements". It's all under control now.

The weekend of July 19th and 20th was fuuuuuuuul of fun!!! A girlfriend, her fiance and I took a friend of ours out to Canada to celebrate her birthday on the 19th. It was a RIOT!!! I'm not going to go into details, but lets just say...I'm glad we had a designated driver! I got home around 2 am I think, and had to be up again at 5. I was still feeling pretty good that morning. Cletus and I rode with Hoopa to Findlay on Sunday to watch Cletus' nephew get baptized.

The next 2 weeks had me at the dentist, and Cletus and I with our counselor (another pre-marital requirement). July 24th was my above mentioned girlfriends bachelorette party, and Saturday was her wedding!!! On the 31st, I was back at the dentist...and then...

August 2, the bash! Cletus had a housewarming party and it was soooooo much fun!!! We had about 20 people over the course of the night. Plenty of drinking, some good food, and many great friends! My maid of honor, my matron of honor, and 2 of my bridesmaids were there! I was very excited to get all of them together. :-) The party went from 4 til about midnight, and we actually kind of made one unexpected friend thanks to Poison Ivy. Katsu was there, Barbie was there, and we met a neighbor that lives a couple houses down...it...was...strange...

On August 3rd, I went to visit a friend of mine in the hospital. He had surgery, and I wanted to "check up" on him. He was doing well, and I got to see him again on the 7th at a dinner that we had for some of the candidates and catechumens that completed the RCIA program at church. He's doing well, and is recovering. There are many people praying for him, and I'm sure he'll have a full, speedy recovery.

I've been slowly moving out of the apartment and into the house, and I can't wait til the end of this month cause I will be completely moved in!!! That's about it for now, more to come!

~Peanut


"If you want to be happy, be."
-Leo Tolstoy

No comments:

Post a Comment