Pages

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Birthday Activities

As you can see by my post yesterday, it was my birthday. It turned out to be a pretty darn good day!!! My sister, BIL and adorable niece came over to babysit while Michael and I went out. My sister got me a great gift...see...when I was little, I had a Velveteen Rabbit stuffed animal. You know, the one from the story! Anyways...we were on a trip to Alabama, and when we were on our way home, I left the bunny at a hotel. We tried to track it down, but either the hotels didn't have it, or wouldn't ship it. I don't remember exactly how it went. It was pretty traumatic for me because I LOVED that bunny!!! Anyways...guess what I got for my birthday from her??!! You guessed it...a Velveteen Rabbit! It was so cool!!!

I mentioned that we were going to a dinner that our church was putting on last night, and I knew that Michael had made "arrangements" for all of the people there to sing "Happy Birthday" to me. What I didn't know, was that he went out of his way to pick up a cake, with the big "3 & 0" candles to put on top, drop it off at the church, and have it presented to me while I was standing up in front of about 70 other couples!!! Thankfully, there were 2 other people celebrating their birthdays yesterday (not sure if it was their actual birthday), so I wasn't totally alone up on that stage! It was so sweet! And the cake that he got...was DELISH! A very good girlfriend of mine and her new hubby were also there last night. It was so good to see them! They just got married 7 weeks ago! The 4 of us participated in the skit immediately following the "presentation of cakes and song". That was kind of strange for me...because I really don't like being the center of attention...but it was fun! We had a really good time.

Anywho. I need to get ready for church now!

God bless =)

No comments:

Post a Comment