Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2011

It's about that time...

For Lent that is! Last year, I decided that my penance would be to read up on my religion a little more. Learning about purgatory and other things that I wasn't 100% sure about. The year before, I gave up dairy (I LOVE cheese and milk...). Little did I know how much dairy actually entailed!!!

This year...I am giving up Facebook in an attempt to make myself a better Catholic, mother, wife...all around person. I'm going to make a "to-do" list on a separate tab here in order to help myself keep track, and to keep myself accountable. I'm going to try to update it on a daily basis with what I got done, and what I did extra...if anything. LOL See, my problem is I have NO motivation. When Julia is up, I'm feeding her, playing with her, etc. When she goes down for her nap, I just want to relax and play on my computer (or take a nap!). I need to stop doing that, and get some things done around here!

Anyways, watch for the new tab with my to-do list!

God bless,

2 comments:

  1. I'm not Catholic... or religious... but I read Les Miserables (two volumes! and understanding it required the use of an encyclopedia!) because I'd lied to some guy in one of those stupid one-upping conversations. Yep, self-assigned penance just because I was kind of a jerk years before, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Giving up Facebook or internet time has been a popular choice for Lent this year. It just tells my how much the Lord is laying on people's hearts the need to unplug and prioritize our time. Hope it is going well for you, I know this is an area I need to work on myself!

    ReplyDelete