Pages

Monday, November 23, 2009

Food Coma...

Oh my goodness!!! Today we had our work 'family' Thanksgiving FEAST. 35 people participated bringing in food and drinks. Our menu was as follows...Spinach Dip/Bread, Veggie Tray, Fruit and Cheese Tray, Pita/Hummus, Deviled Eggs, Cheese and Cracker Tray, Pasta Salad, 7 Layer Salad, Potato Salad, Jello Salad, Caesar Salad, Turkey, Ham, Sweet Potato Casserole, Green Bean Casserole, Cheesy Potatoes, Mashed Potatoes (3 kinds), Stuffing (2 kinds), a Spinach dish, Baked Beans, Cranberries, Buns, a few other miscellaneous dishes, drinks, Carrot Cake, Apple Crisp, Banana Bread, Cheesecake, and Peanut Butter Cookies. Ok, need I say more in regards to the food coma?!?! Everything was SO good, and I think I'm going to have to get a couple of recipes from a few people here... Now, obviously I didn't eat everything, but I'm very thankful for maternity pants right now! Oh-so-comfy!!! And seriously...if I haven't gained another 10 pounds by my next doctor appointment (taking into account Thanksgiving day, and Thanksgiving with Michael's family on Friday...), I will be SHOCKED!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I thought I'd pass this along your way. My friend held this prayer close to her in her pregnancy and I thought, that is if you haven't seen this prayer already, you'd might find some use of it!

    I hope all is going well with the little one! God bless!

    Powerful is your intercession with God, Mary, for you are his mother. Tender , too, is your love for us, for you are our mother. Confidently , then, I come to you as a child, poor and needy, to seek your aid and protection. In every trial of motherhood, I beg your aid. For the grace of a happy delivery, I come to you. For your holy assistance in guarding and directing each tiny soul with which God entrusts me, I call to you. In every sorrow that comes to me in my motherhood, I confide in you.

    That I may have strength to bear cheerfully all the pains and hardships of motherhood, I lean on you. That the sweetness of motherhood may not through my neglect be embittered in later years by pains of regret, I trust in you.
    That the will of God may always be fulfilled in me through each act of my motherhood, little and great, I beg your aid. Never forsake me dear Mother, my hope, my consolation, my confidence, and my trust, but ever be at my side to aid and protect me, your needy child. Amen.
    Mother of Love, of Sorrow, and of Mercy, Pray for us!

    http://www.2heartsnetwork.org/pregnant.htm

    ReplyDelete