Wednesday, December 2, 2009


Yeah, you'll see very soon why this is titled the way it is...

Haven't had an update in just over a week, and quite a bit has happened! Hopefully I can keep it all straight enough to actually type it...

Last week was wonderful. 3 days of work, and we got to leave 2 hours early on the third day. :-) That was also the day that I finally realized that I can't see my feet anymore when I stand normally. When I got home, I got to baking! I had a cheesecake, chocolate chip cookies, and no bake cookies to make for the family Thanksmas gathering on Thanksgiving day. I managed to get all of them done at a relatively decent hour too. I made blueberry topping for the cheesecake this time instead of the usual strawberry, and it turned out pretty good! My aunt was pleased, and very grateful!

It was nice to see everyone at grandma and grandpas house too. We ate lots of good food, and hung out for a few hours...6 to be exact. While we were there, we did our Christmas grab bag gift exchange, then headed out to the in-laws place! 2 hours on the road in the morning, and 2 hours on the road later in the afternoon...I had to sneak a nap in on the road...I was exhausted! We were only there for a couple of hours when I decided to hit the hay. I think I slept for 10 or 11 hours that night! Friday, we had Thanksgiving with the hubby's family. It was fun! And of course...lots more YUMMY food, and good company! If I haven't gained 15 lbs from my starting pregnancy weight from that week by next Monday....I will be shocked!

Saturday brought a whole new adventure. We had lunch, and headed back home. 2 stops on the way, and another 2 hours on the road. I was sleepy, but didn't sleep in the truck. I really don't like sleeping in a moving vehicle...but sometimes I can't help it. Michael and I were supposed to go to a costume party that night, but I would have had to start getting ready about 30 minutes after we walked in the door. I was really not feeling it at that point. I was pooped from the weekend, and really needed some rest. I decided not to go but told Michael he could have a "free pass". I would take him to the party, and go pick him up. He was free to have all the fun he wanted to!!! LOL After I dropped him off, I made some popcorn and plopped my butt down on the couch to watch a movie and play on my computer. I finally fell asleep about an hour, maybe hour and a half after I normally do...on the couch. Had my phone handy for when he called me to be picked up. Well...after a little more than 3 hours I woke up having not really heard from him. Sent him a text, and he called to let me know he was ready to go. It was HA! Dragged my butt off the bed, and headed out. I had a really hard time falling back to sleep when we got home though. I was wide awake for some reason...not cool! I had to get up to go to church Sunday!!! The baby was kicking like crazy (love that part), and kept me awake for another 30 minutes.

Sunday morning, I got up, got ready for bed and headed to church. Michael stayed home :-) That day, we had the Rite of Acceptance for all of the Candidates and Catechumens in the RCIA program. It was so neat to be involved in that part again. I wasn't there last year, and the year before, I was a Catechumen. At this ceremony, all of the RCIA 'students' receive the sign of the cross on their forehead, ears, eyes, mouth, heart and feet. They are officially accepted into the program, and receive a blessing from the whole congregation. It was such an amazing experience once again. Tears were shed, and lots of smiles were apparent! I'm so glad to be a part of this program again. Sunday night, we got the Christmas tree all set up and decorated. This year, we used multi-colored lights instead of all white...and, they blink! There are 7 strands of 100 bulbs, and 50 bulbs blink at a time. It's taking some getting used to for me, but I like it. I think next year we might go for steady on lights though.

And now, for a baby stated above, my next appointment is on Monday, and I'm excited about it, but dreading it at the same time. I can't wait to hear the lil beans heart pumping away again. And the activity has been CRAZY!!! Sometimes this kid goes for 30-45 minutes at a time! I LOVE feeling all of the kicks and punches. It's crazy to watch my bump jump with each kick and punch. My tummy is getting a lot more visible now too. I might actually be to the point of people noticing that I'm pregnant, and not just "plump"! The baby should now be about 12" long, and should be weighing just over a pound! It's hard to believe that in 3 1/2 months, there will be a little one in this house... :-)

Anyhoo...maybe I'll add some pics later on. But right now...I'm going to get back to surfing.

No comments: