Pages

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Can I Just Say...

First off, I feel completely, totally, and utterly blessed to be carrying this baby...and to be dealing with all of the "bad" things that go along with it...but...

I am SO SICK of saltine crackers!!! Oh my goodness. They're about the only thing that I have handy that helps with the occasional nausea (those and water)...and I've gone through an entire box in the last month. I'm really hoping I'm not one of the select few women that actually have to endure "morning sickness" throughout the entire pregnancy. I don't know how many more of these crackers I can eat!!! I'm going to try Ritz, Triscuits, and Wheat Thins for a bit of variety. Hopefully they'll work just as well. Each time it hits me, I just remind myself that it's all for a GREAT reason, which I will be holding in my arms in the next 179 days!

Another thing...the hiccups...and 2 for 1 sneezes!!! Oh my goodness...at our last prenatal appointment, my hubby was sitting across from me when I hiccuped. He got an "uh-oh!" look on his face like he thought I was about to throw up. It was funny! Then my doc piped up and said "don't worry, it's totally pregnancy related". LOL Now...probably about half of the time when I eat, I hiccup 4 or 5 times afterwords, and I just chuckle and say "what are you doing in there bean?" As for the sneezes..................oh my. I barely get one sneeze out, and the other is right there!!! I barely have enough time to catch my breath! LOL It's all good though. I'm used to it now, and I just chuckle!

I'm also very excited about this Friday!!! I'm participating in the Light the Night Walk. It's a 2 mile walk put on by the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. It's an evening to pay tribute and bring hope to thousands of people battling blood cancers and to commemorate loved ones lost. I tried to do the Breast Cancer 3-Day in 2007, but was about $500 shy of the $2,200 minimum required funds to walk. I was so disappointed, and couldn't afford to foot the extra money even if I did get the extra donations. This walk only requires $100 minimum, and I'm already up to $250 in just 3 days!!! I can't wait!!!

Anyways, lunch is over...back to the grind!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment