Pages

Friday, September 4, 2009

3 day weekends ROCK

Ok, I'll admit...sometimes I miss the random shifts of retail...open one day, close the next, mid, then open...but I love...LOVE my Monday through Friday 9-5 job. Especially because of the company I work for, and the fact that it is so completely and totally family oriented. The first 2 years we got the whole week between Christmas and New Year's off, we get the 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, early Fridays sometimes on a holiday weekend (like today)...among other things! It's SO GREAT!!!

Well, today, my honey and I went to Olive Garden for dinner (YUM), and now, I'm sitting here baking like a maniac! Devil's Food mini-cupcakes! mmmmmmmmmm They're for the family get together for my brother-in-law tomorrow. He was overseas for quite a while, and quite a bit of family is going to be there I hope! The BIL is leaving again on Monday so I have to take advantage of this time with him.

Hopefully sometime this weekend, my book and I will be able to cozy up...maybe out on the back deck with a little music or something...or maybe just me, my book, and the sunshine. Who knows...we'll see! All I know is that I get 3 glorious days to enjoy a little bit of "me" time...and the man will probably be playing his Medal of Honor games quite a bit...hehee

Well, good night blog world! Maybe I will have an update tomorrow as well after the party!




"The man who doesn't relax and hoot a few hoots voluntarily, now and then, is in great danger of hooting hoots and standing on his head for the edification of the pathologist and trained nurse, a little later on."
-Elbert Hubbard

No comments:

Post a Comment