Pages

Sunday, March 22, 2009

GREAT Weekend!!!

It all started on Friday. I got out of work at 4:00. Had an appointment at David's to pick up my wedding gown after the alterations. LOVE IT!!! Can't wait to be able to post pictures... After that, I headed home to grab some PartyLite stuff to take to my girls night. Kasia, Jaibee, a couple of other girls and I got together at ones apartment. We ordered veggie pizzas, a salad and some bread. All we did for almost 5 hours was sit and chit chat. Oooh, we also had some brownies, and a glass of wine. It was nice!

Saturday, I had all the bridesmaids, the moms, and Kasia over to work on centerpiece things. I was expecting it to take at least 3 hours to get everything done...well...I was so wrong. We had nearly 34 rings done, and 28 candles wrapped with the ribbons in about an hour and a half!!! I guess that's what happens when there's a bazillion people working on it! Ok, that was a bit of an exaggeration...there were 9 of us working on everything, but still!!! Later on that night, Cletus' brother came down with his lady friend. We all went out to dinner, then to a gaming/arcade place for a few hours. We played a bunch of driving games...which...I won one of them!!! And I'm terrible at driving games. It was awesome. **giggle**

Today, we all got up and went to the 10:15 mass. After we went through the readings, and the Gifts were being prepared, I looked at what the Communion hymn was going to be...'How Great Thou Art'. I am not entirely able to sing that song. It brings me to tears. I didn't sing any of it today because I was on the verge of crying. That was one of my mamaws favorite songs...every time I hear it, I think of her, and I miss her. I know she's well and safe, and I know I will see her again, but it still hurts. I pray for her often. There was also a little boy, a boy scout, who was receiving an award for devoting himself and sharing the light of Christ with other people. It was really neat!!!

Anyhoo...

~Peanut


"Oh Lord my God, when I in awesome wonder, consider all the works Thy hands have made, I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder. Thy power throughout the universe displayed. Then sings my soul, my Savior, God to thee. How great Thou art, how great Thou art. Then sings my soul, my Savior, God to thee. How great Thou art, how great Thou art."
-Stuart K. Hine (1899-1989)

No comments:

Post a Comment