Pages

Sunday, November 30, 2008

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas!!!

So, now Thanksgiving day has passed...and what fun it was!!! I love getting together with my family every year for our Thanksmas party. It's always fun. There is never a dull moment with us.

Thanksgiving morning, when Cletus and I stopped at his uncles house, I noticed a screw in his tire. We went to a few gas stations and a RiteAid trying to find some Fix-A-Flat. Finally found some, and were on our way. Stopped at my dads house to grab something for my step-mom that they had forgotten and headed back to the expressway. A little while later, I got a call from my brother. He was about 3 minutes behind us and asked us to slow up a little so he could have a 'travel partner' since he was having issues with his vehicle. We wound up riding about half the way with him following us. Once we got to g-ma and g-pas, the fun got started!!! We hung out for a while, had a fantastic dinner, and then did our grab bag gift exchange. It seems there's always one or two things that get stolen and passed between hands multiple times. This year it was a calendar with all of the birthdays and anniversaries of the family. After that, about 10 of us sat down to play Fill or Bust. This game is AWESOME!!! I highly recommend it to anyone. Around 8 we headed to Cletus' parents house for the night. It's soooooooooo relaxing up there!!!

Saturday afternoon, we headed back down to get ready for the costume party we were supposed to go to. He went as Moses, and I went as Peg Bundy. It was alright, but I wasn't feeling that great so we didn't stay long. I couldn't get my hands on a wig, so I had to make do with my own hair (which NEVER cooperates....)



Today, we got the Christmas tree and all the decorations down from above the garage. Luckily, it's not an all day adventure when it comes to Christmas decorations. The tree takes the longest. It's a 7' "realistic" tree, so there are a lot of branches to fluff and place. Let alone the way I put the lights on it. I like lots of lights, which means each layer gets a few 'rounds' of lights before the next layer gets put on. All in all it takes about 1.5 to 2 hours to set up. I love this time of year!!!



Merry Christmas everyone!!!

~Peanut


"He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree."
-Roy L. Smith

3 comments:

  1. Peanut, you will have to teach me your tricks for trimming a tree next year...my tree looks like an overgrown Charlie Brown one. Yours looks like it could be in a magazine.

    (I'm seriously going to buy a prelit tree for next year...this madness must stop!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks Kasia!!! I would love to help you :-)

    Cletus thinks I'm crazy because of the way I set the tree up...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, my aunt Anne was the same way as you...and her husband thought she was nuts too!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete