Pages

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Adventures with Baking (and Insulation)

Ok...I love to bake! Cheesecake is my favorite, but I also love to bake cookies, cakes, cupcakes, breads (mmmmmm, lemon loaf!!!). I just don't seem to have the time to bake...However, tonight I decided to use the Betty Crocker Butter Pecan cake mix that I bought at Kroger about two weeks ago. I made some cupcakes with it, just because it's easier for people to take individual portions at work...where the majority of them are going! A couple of years back, I bought some of those little paper cupcake cups because I was almost out and had every intention on making more cupcakes very soon. I accidentally bought these Reynolds Baking Cups. These things are a great invention!!! You don't have to use a cupcake pan, just the aluminum cups on a cookie sheet. They're fantastic...as long as you don't over fill them. I made that mistake. It wasn't too bad, they just aren't "pretty" after they've spilled over a little bit! :-)

All the while, Cletus was upstairs putting more insulation in the attic. There was 6" blown in, but he bought the pink fiberglass rolled stuff to put on top of the blown in stuff. I helped, a little. I handed him the rolls! lol Hopefully that will help keep the upstairs just as warm as the downstairs! Yes, our house is bass-ackwards. The first floor is warmer than the second...oh well though, that's about to change!

On a much more Patriotic note, Happy Veteran's Day!!! I send my utmost respect, love, honor and thanks to the men and women that currently serve, or have served in the past. Without their selfless commitment, and their love of this country, we wouldn't have the freedoms that we do now. God Bless Our Troops...past, present, and future!!!

~Peanut


"When our perils are past, shall our gratitude sleep?"
-George Canning

1 comment:

  1. Hey Peanut - I need to ask you an odd question...would you drop me an e-mail when you get a minute?

    ReplyDelete