Pages

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Aren't Kids Great??!

Last night, I was a substitute teacher for the first time! I was teaching 5th grade Catechism at my church. Yes, I was teaching Catechism even though I was JUST baptized in April. It was a lot of fun! I absolutely love kids. They're so innocent, and so incredibly honest. They really are a joy...even when they won't stop talking so loud that people 1/4 mile down the road can hear.

The class I subbed for was only 6 students (thank goodness!!), 4 boys and 2 girls. I'll give you 3 guesses as to who the loud ones were! It was alright though. I didn't mind. I covered probably 98% of what we were supposed to. Considering I'm such a quiet/shy/hate getting in front of 'crowds' kind of person, I was pretty proud of myself! We learned about the sinful tendencies of Americans as a whole, and what good a single random act of kindness can achieve. It's amazing how good you can make someone feel just by saying 'Hi' to them!!! I'll be subbing again in January (at least), it will be for the same class, and I'm already excited! There are five of the six names stuck in my head with faces to match!!! lol That in itself is a huge accomplishment for me...especially after only an hour with them!

I can't wait for tomorrow...it's my Friday!!! Hooray for four day weekends!!!!!! I have no idea what I'm going to do during the day, but I know one thing is for sure. I'M SLEEPING IN!!!!! Hopefully I'll get some more stuff unpacked and put away so the spare room and my closet aren't so full...pray for me!

Anyhoo...RCIA is tonight, so I'm going to church again! :-)

~Peanut


"You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have, for instance."
-Franklin P. Jones

1 comment:

  1. Yeeesssss! Baptism and immediately into catechism! What a good path we walk! The blind leading the blind -- but we do it with such zeal! Yay us!

    The kids are pretty awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete