Pages

Friday, July 13, 2012

Struggling

The kids are sitting down to breakfast, and I've had a lot on my mind. I'm taking advantage of a small break in my day of chasing two toddlers to get a few things out there.

I've been dealing with a lot of personal struggles lately. Some of which are known, others are mostly not known. I have shared them with a handful of people over the last few days, and it felt good to get it all out. I actually managed to work up the courage to talk to my husband about it last night, and I think that was the biggest relief for me. Now that he knows where my frustration is stemming from, he can be more understanding of my mood swings so to speak. Some of the things are about my husband and myself, some are about my lack of ability to let things go, others stem from the simple fact that I don't want to accept things that are happening. No, I won't go into details here, but know that I am working on things.

This next part should probably be a post for another day - like the "More About Me" post that I have saved as a draft right now, but like I said...I'm taking advantage of some down time!

I don't like having things crammed down my throat. Specifically religion (though I am a practicing Catholic) and politics. I don't mind that people are passionate about these things at all. But having my faults and ideas - or the fact that I've done/enjoyed something that another person looks at as unacceptable - pointed out as a 'bad' thing makes me feel, well, bad and goes right back to those struggles that I deal with regularly. It's even worse when someone that I'm close to points these things out. I'm a very emotional person, and I have a tendency to take things personally. You can add that to the list of things that I'm "working on". If I typed this list out, it would easily reach to the stop sign at the end of the road.

Anyways...the kids are done so I must go!

God bless,

No comments:

Post a Comment