Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2012

A little bit about me - Part 2

So, after my first "about me" post, I thought I should continue my story and keep giving a little insight into what is "me".

My feelings get hurt easily - Even if it's something that is not directed right at me. If it's something that I can relate to, someone close to me gets hurt in whatever way, or something that I've done and someone thinks it's wrong, it hurts my feelings. I know, I know...I need to grow a thicker skin, right?

I don't like being ignored. OMG, it drives me NUTS. If I ask a question, don't just blow me off. RESPOND. Or if I'm trying to carry on a conversation with you, don't just blow me off. RESPOND. Being ignored is one of my biggest pet peeves...right along with my next point.

I hate being interrupted - I think this could quite possibly be my biggest pet peeve ever. It's rude, inconsiderate, and downright mean. I hate it. HATE it.

I hate spiders. I don't know what it is about spiders that just creep me out, but holy cow...if I see one crawling towards me (like I did the other day when I was changing Justin's diaper), I jump and get as far away as possible!!! I can't stand those little eight legged things. They give me the heebie jeebies!

I am A.N.A.L. about vacuuming. Seriously. We have a small-ish living room, and with all of the furniture and stuff that covers it, I would say there's about a 10X15 piece of carpet to vacuum. It takes my husband about 5 minutes. It takes me 15-20. I'm very methodical. Everything that can easily be moved gets moved first. Then I vacuum one area and put everything that goes in that area back. Then I move to the next part. Generally moving in a straight line across the floor. If anything can be put back at that point, it gets put back. Then I move back to the next part. All the way across the floor. Put things back when I'm done. Move on to the next part, and so on. I also go back over any foot prints that I or the kids may make in the process. I'm kind of starting to give up on the kids' foot prints because they run rampant half the time, but oh well. I love seeing the lines from the vacuum, especially without footprints on them!

I love to submerse myself into things (books, crochet, photography) but can't. With the two kiddos running around like wild children half the time, I don't get much time to myself. A few days over the last couple of weeks I have sent myself to my room when Michael got home so I could get some quiet time. While Justin is asleep, it's a little easier because Julia will listen most of the time...but I like to spend quality time with her in that instance because Justin still requires a lot of my attention. *sigh* It's a work in progress!

I am working on accepting the fact that I'm not living the life that I thought I would. I had a chance to talk to Michael about it a while back, and he was mostly understanding. I am happy with the life I have, it's just not what I always thought it would be. But that's not necessarily a bad thing! Michael came along into my life and threw a major kink in my plans...in a good way. I love you honey...and thank you for being understanding!

God bless,

2 comments:

  1. I feel you on the being ignored and spiders! Oh my gosh I freak at any spider regardless of the size!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some spiders I can handle. Like the little bitty ones. I have been known to smoosh them with my finger, but if they're...say...1/4" in diameter or bigger, you better hand me a broom, shoe, or SOMETHING to kill it with! LOL

    ReplyDelete