Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

Whew!!!

Wow, what a weekend it was!!! Thursday and Friday, I busted my butt cleaning the house getting ready for the birthday party. We're talking scrubbing the back splash in the kitchen, wiping down the wainscoting in the downstairs bathroom and the trim in the upstairs bathroom, and scrubbing the "bowls" that go under the burners on the stove.

Saturday morning I rolled out of bed around 6, and I still had some tweaking to do on Julia's slide show. Somehow the timing got messed up and it was causing the songs to overlap. After about 45-60 minutes of fighting with that, I got it to a good point, and shut the computer off.

Julia usually gets up about 8 am, but I got her up around 7 in hopes that she would actually take a morning nap. See...she decided a week before her party that one nap a day was peachy! Well, that one nap usually runs from 12:30-2:30 or 3. The party started at 12! We continued to get food and other things ready for the party. Julia went down for a nap around 10:30 (thankfully!), and the first guests arrived at about 11 am. I tried to work my way around everyone standing in the kitchen and in front of the table to get everything put out and ready. 11:45 rolled around, and everyone else started showing up. The slide show ran on the TV throughout the party, but I don't know who actually got to see it... Julia actually ate well with a pretty good sized crowd, which made me very happy. The cake was BEAUTIFUL, and Julia enjoyed her little teddy bear smash cake. Then, we opened presents, and everyone went home. All in all, it was a pretty good day! I was in bed and asleep by 8:30 that night! LOL

Here are some pictures from the party:




The Table...

The Cake...

Cake Face...

Getting in one of the gift bags...


Walking with her new Explore 'N Grow Step Start Walk 'n Ride...


And with that...I think I'm going to look through the baby name book a little bit, and head to bed!

God bless



2 comments:

  1. OMG that cake was SO cute!!! Where did you go to have it done? I love reading your blogs btw!!! :) Julia is growing so fast and getting SO cute!!! Can't wait to see baby #2!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister made it!!! Doesn't she do great!?!?! You should see some of the other cakes she's done...

    Thanks (about the blog), and thanks (about Julia)! I'm anxious to see baby #2 also...only a few more months to go!!! Oh boy...lol

    ReplyDelete