Pages

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Got a little freaked out today.

I went to the store earlier this afternoon to grab a few things that we needed. The store is only about 2 miles from our house (if that), and is generally a quick trip. I got there, grabbed what I needed, browsed the clearance infant/toddler clothes, and headed out the door. On my way home, my car about gave me a heart attack! I was about 3/4 mile from the house, and my dash, accompanied by a slight 'pop', went black. It stayed that way for about a minute. Now, that doesn't seem like a long time, but it felt like forever. Then, it came back on again, along with my ABS light and the 'brake' light. This repeated two more times in the 400 yards between the first occurrence and the light. Now...normally, I go straight through the light, but today...I was one of THOSE people. You know, the people that sneak by you to make a right hand turn even when there isn't a lane there. I didn't want to stop. I didn't want to risk my car quitting on my when I was so close to home. I think it stuttered when I slowed down so I took the turn. Thankfully there were no other cars coming. There were also no cars coming when I turned into my neighborhood. After the first "pop", I kept saying "Lord just keep me safe until I get home..." I made it back to the house shaking like a leaf, and parked outside. My first thought was the alternator, and since that drains your battery like no other, I figured it wouldn't start after a few hours. Well...it just started right up...5 hours after it happened. So now I'm thinking it's an electrical short somewhere, and that will probably cost a fortune to fix. Along with the fact that electrical fires and gasoline don't mix. :-\ Maybe I'll park it outside tonight...

Anyways, hope you all are having a good weekend!

God bless

2 comments:

  1. My car did something similar to this, though mine was a fuse. Have you checked yours?

    Found you on mama blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it might have been a fuse too, and that's what a couple of other people have mentioned. However, if that was the case, wouldn't the dash have stayed dark?

    Haven't had any issues with it since...thank goodness...

    ReplyDelete