Well, with 2010 winding down, I think it's time for another "Year in Review" post! I'll try to keep it short and sweet, but who knows...it could get very drawn out!
○ January happily brought on the third trimester of my pregnancy with Julia! We had our first baby shower later in the month and got clothes galore, an abundance of blankets and bath stuff, and many other small items. Michael also had his diaper party, and we received tons of disposable diapers! Which...by the way...are still being used! We purchased our travel system, and mom and I snagged an AWESOME deal on a gorgeous bassinet that will be used again too.
○ We also found out that Michael's brother was engaged to a wonderful woman in January. They planned the wedding for July 2010.
○ Hospital tours commenced.
○ CLOTH diapers were ordered, since this was in fact what we wanted to use. Save some money...save the planet! =)
○ I called it this month that Julia wasn't going to wait until her due date to be born...hehehe.
○ I turned 29 years old! Nothing major, right? Just one year closer to 30. We went out to dinner with my girlfriend and her hubby to celebrate since her birthday is 2 days before mine. Good times!
○ March brought on big changes in our house. We rearranged the living room, got rid of some furniture, and made room for baby stuff (like the pack n play).
○ We enjoyed some Olympic actions...Men's Hockey anyone? =)
○ Little miss Julia made her appearance!!! 3 weeks and one day early...she was considered a preemie by one day, and had to undergo some tests in the hospital nursery before we could take her home.
○ We had our "adventures in jaundice" this month too...along with me realizing that motherhood...changes everything!
○ We had Julia's first professional pictures taken in April...when she was only one month old. The photographer did a good job, but Miss J wasn't having it!
○ I witnessed the first gummy grin...it was beautiful!
○ "Mommy" had some eye opening experiences...
○ I celebrated my first Mother's Day this May...it was wonderful!
○ Michael and I celebrated our one year wedding anniversary.
○ I started back at work.
○ I introduced "Time Warp Tuesday" here on my blog. It didn't really last that long, but I gave it a shot!
○ Julia started day care, while I was work...It wasn't easy.
○ We encountered our first ear infection for little miss.
○ Michael's brother got married! Yay!
○ Julia developed a dental cyst due to her first tooth trying to poke through.
○ I rediscovered my confidence...
○ Julia tried oatmeal for the first time instead of rice.
○ Michael got a full time permanent job, allowing us to decide when I would be able to stay home with the wee one.
○ Julia turned 6 months old! Happy Half Birthday baby girl!
○ I started my "new job".
○ Some family issues arose...things were taken in a completely wrong way, and it's still being sorted out.
○ I shared some advice...
○ I completed and mailed a scarf I made for a swap on my Crocheting Mama's board. I liked it!
○ Adjustments into parenting continued...things kind of started getting easier.
○ I had my first trial of a baby with a fever unexpectedly this month...thanks to yet another ear infection.
○ Our first Halloween as a family! Julia was a lady bug. =)
○ We shared the news with our parents and siblings that baby #2 is on its way, estimated to arrive in July 2011!
○ We ventured to my grandparents house for Thanksgiving, and announced to my family that we are expecting our second little bundle.
○ Our first Thanksgiving as a family!
○ We got a big girl car seat for little Miss. No more infant seat!
○ Julia got to see her first snow fall! She loved it!
○ Our first Christmas as a family! Well, actually...4 of them! One at Michael's cousin's house, one with his parents, one with my mom, and one with just us! It was fun, and we're still enjoying our new toys...
○ I made a decision to possibly pursue an age old dream of freelance writing or editing. We'll see...
○ My sister decided to be a surrogate for Michael's brother and his wife...what an incredible gift! Their baby (or babies) will arrive some time in 2011!
I hope you enjoyed your 2010. Whether it was difficult, easy, love filled or heartbreaking...
Here's to a blessed 2011!