Pages

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Wednesday was a sad day...

Wednesday at work, I, along with the rest of my department, found out that my boss will be leaving the company at the end of December. This man was there when I started with this company in 2004. He interviewed and hired me. When I started, our department had only been about 4 people, and was built over the last 4 years into a very well oiled (9 person, now 6 person) machine. This man has been there for me through some very trying times personally and professionally. He was a HUGE mentor to me...something I will never forget. He listened to my problems and gave me fantastic advice. I hope he will make it to the wedding in May!!!

A few years ago, I was dealing with a somewhat difficult decision in regards to a relationship I was in. I had started dating a guy too soon after I broke up with someone else, and was extremely unhappy. I had shared many stories with my boss about the whole situation, and he gave me ideas on how to talk to my boyfriend, and how to try to work things out if that was what I really wanted. What it made me realize though, was that I wasn't really in that relationship after 6 months. I had already moved in with him because I thought I could make it work, and I needed a place to stay. My boss helped me realize that I could make it on my own so my decision to move out of my boyfriends house was solidified. I was scared to death, and was in tears a few times when I talked to my boss about it. When my first paycheck got deposited into my bank account after I got my own place, and I realized I still had money to spare, I knew I would be ok. I have shared a lot of my wedding plans with him, and he tells me about how his wife was when they got married. My boss has seen me in so many different emotional states...I don't like crying in front of co-workers, let alone my boss...but he has helped me so many times, and in so many ways. He is a very easy person to talk to, and I will never forget what he has done for me. He has helped mold me into the person I am today, and I love the person that I am now. I don't settle. I know what I want now, and I'm not as afraid to stand up for myself and what I believe in. If it wasn't for this man, our department wouldn't be able to function the way it does. We have great people, great skills, and a great overall team. He will be greatly missed...

Thank you, for all that you have done for me. You may never really know how much you have impacted my life. I will miss you.

~Peanut


"Someone to tell it to is one of the fundamental needs of human beings."
-Miles Franklin

No comments:

Post a Comment