Pages

Friday, November 29, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

I know, I'm a day late with this post, but yesterday was crazy!

I got to make my very first full Thanksgiving dinner! I was nervous and excited about the whole thing. Would the turkey come out well? Or like the one in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation? Would the rolls turn out? (I made them from scratch!) How would the pumpkin pie taste? After all...it didn't LOOK that great. Would the kids eat it? Perhaps that was the real test!

Well...

Let me say...

Dinner turned out fantastic!!! The turkey came out perfect, the rolls were beautiful, Michael liked everything, and even though the kids are super picky, they even ate some of the food! We discovered that Julia and Justin are both fans of cranberry sauce after much convincing on Justin's part, and Justin...well, let's just say the pumpkin pie passed the kid test, and the husband test! I couldn't be happier with the result. Now next year, I just have to remember to make the gravy! lol!

Of course, a couple of pictures...just cell phone shots.

The turkey!

Mmmm...Thanksgiving yumminess!

We also got the Christmas tree set up yesterday. We got all the lights on while there was a lull in the food prep, but the rest of the decorating waited until after dinner.


There's still a bit to put on, but it's already beautiful!


How was your Thanksgiving?! Hope it was enjoyable...
God bless!
~Stacy

2 comments:

  1. Great job!!! So glad it passed the test :) I am working on our dinner now...So excited and it *should* tunr out, but that's because my mom is helping. Next year, I'm on my own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It was crazy all day, but I really enjoyed making everything. :-) I'm sure you'll do wonderful next year!

    ReplyDelete