Pages

Monday, November 4, 2013

Starting This Week...

Today is the day of new beginnings! There are a couple of things I've been really wanting to do again, and one that I really need to recenter my focus on. So, today...marks day one!

I ate a lot cleaner than I do now.

I used to exercise very regularly - about five times a week.

I was drinking a lot more water than I have in the last few weeks.

I felt fantastic, and was finally becoming comfortable in my body. Now, a lot of people tell me that I look great for having had three kids. And, I'll be honest, I feel like I do look ok, but I don't feel it. I have about 25 pounds that I would like to lose again, and this is going to do it, for sure!

1) First things, first. I'm changing the way I eat. I went to the grocery store yesterday and picked up "my" food. This consisted of a lot of vegetables, a box of Triscuits, a bag of tortilla chips, and a handful of other things. I'm not eating 100% clean (obviously...), but much cleaner than I am now. I didn't do boxed meals. I rarely ate red meat. I focused on raw fruits and vegetables with chicken being my main source of protein. It won't be easy in the slightest, but I want to make it work. Chasing three kiddos around all day will probably mean that making a meal for myself will take an hour instead of 15 minutes, but I need to make it work.

2) Exercise!!! I was doing Turbo Jam and a DVD made by The Firm that targeted hips, buns and thighs with a bonus killer ab workout at the end. I miss those workouts, and need to find time to fit them in again. I may have to wait until the kids go to bed each night - just like I do with my running - but I want to start fitting them in at least a couple of times a week. I will be running again as well. The C25K program has kind of gone on a 2 week hiatus again - unintentionally, and I really want to get back to it.

3) I need more water. I was doing really well when I was still breastfeeding and pumping for Alaina. I mean really well. I was averaging 150 to 250 ounces of water each day. I was dropping weight and still maintaining my milk supply for her - for the most part. Over the last week or so, my water consumption has plummeted. I'm lucky if I get 40 oz a day now! It's no wonder I'm always tired and hungry!

So, starting this week, I'm going to work on making a healthier me! What would you do to make a positive health change in your life? What have you done in the past? Don't be shy! I don't bite, I promise!

God bless,
~Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment