Pages

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

It's time for some changes and some clean up...

To all of the bloggers that I currently follow - Please don't be offended if I no longer follow you, I will have you bookmarked on my computer.  I'm finding myself sifting through the 20 something blogs I have listed right now looking for specific ones.  It's all a selfish act to make my life a little easier...which right now, I really need.  I'm also going to be playing around with the new 'Design' feature that blogger has.  I need a new background...I don't know when these changes will take place, but it will be soon.  I've actually resorted to bringing my laptop to work with me again.  It's a bit of a distraction some days, but I must say...I have more control over my music on this thing than I do with Pandora.  =)

Now, to my usual posting.

Last night was interesting to say the least.  I got to the day care to pick up Julia (still despise the fact that I have to take her there, but at least I like the place), and she had just - JUST - gone down for a nap 20 minutes before.  I thought to myself, "Great.  This will make for an interesting night..."  I got her loaded into her car seat and she was wide awake, which meant I had to try to get her to go to sleep after the 20 minute car ride home.  Yippee.  I got home, changed her diaper, wrapped her up and laid her down.  She fell asleep for a short time, but 5 minutes later, she was crying.  Went upstairs, shushed her, calmed her down, eyes fell closed, went back downstairs.  5 minutes later, she was crying.  This went on a couple more times and finally I said 'screw it' and got her up.  She did end up taking a nap before bed...at 7 pm.  For 25 minutes in my arms, and (you guessed it) 5 minutes in the crib.  The rest of the night was just as fun!!!  Michael spent a lot of time outside, while I stayed inside dealing with a crabby, over-tired baby, washing bottles, washing Julia's new cloth diapers (can't WAIT to start using them!!!), and trying to figure out when I'm going to take a shower!  Anyways.  She FINALLY went to bed...at 9:45.  Normally she goes down some time between 8 and 9:00.  Not today!  Nope.  She had other plans.  Julia finally fell asleep at 10, and that's when I had my chance to shower.  I must add here that I hate, hate HATE showering at night...but that's the only time I can unless I get up at 5 am...  Yes, last night was one of those frustrating nights.  They don't happen often, but they are so annoying when they do!  LOL  I can't believe that her first birthday is only 8 months away!!!  The next few months are going to be so much fun, and they're going to go so fast!!!  I'm just disappointed that I'm going to miss so much of it because she's in day care all day.  *sigh*

On a side note...my lilies are blooming like crazy!!!  I'll post a picture soon...I hope...

No comments:

Post a Comment