Pages

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

3 Months down, a lifetime to go...

Yesterday, little miss Julia turned 3 months old! =)  I can't wait to see what the rest of our life with this little girl brings. She is such a joy...even when she wakes up 3 times a night to eat and refuses to go back to sleep one of those times, or is screaming because she needs something.

Happy 3 Months Julia!


She's been in day care since Monday, and it has NOT been easy on me.  My brother-in-law watched her the first 6 days I was back at work, and that wasn't so bad.  I got text updates whenever I wanted, and even got pictures and videos sent to me sometimes.  It was nice!

When I dropped her off on Monday, she was sleepy and a little hungry so she was whining a little.  I didn't want to leave her.  I wanted to take care of my baby girl, but I had to go to work.  I made it most of the day without crying.  Only got choked up a couple of times, and didn't actually cry until I was in my car on the way to pick her up to take her home.  She did pretty good on Monday though, and greeted me with a big smile when I got there...that almost made it worth it.

Yesterday was a lot easier.  She was still very sleepy, and had just eaten about an hour and a half before I got there, so I swaddled her and put her down in her crib.  I felt a lot better about the day yesterday...until I got there to pick her up.  I saw that she had only eaten 3.5 oz the whole day.  I knew that meant it would be a long night for us.  She wanted to eat 3 times in a 3 hour period, and I felt like I had nothing for her...I felt terrible.

This morning sucked dropping her off.  Maybe because she only got 3 1/2 flipping oz of breast milk yesterday and was up 3 times last night, maybe because I didn't get to bed until almost 10:30...and got up 3 times last night. Maybe because she was tired, hungry, and crying when I dropped her off and I couldn't do a damn thing about it because I had to be here, at work, and not with her where I should be...I've already cried once today...we'll see how the rest of the day goes...I need to get cracking.

No comments:

Post a Comment