Pages

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Productive day!

Well, today has been surprisingly productive. It's amazing what you can get done when you actually get enough sleep. I have been EXHAUSTED for the last few days. Went to bed around 11 last night, and didn't get up until 9 or 9:30 this morning! I must have needed it. :-)

Anyhoo...I lazed around on the couch for a few hours, then decided to get up and going. Re-posted an ad on craigslist for my brother, then went and got in the shower. I was thinking about heading up to his place for his yard sale to see if there was anything we might need. Well, the more I thought about it...the more it didn't make sense. I would probably end up buying things we didn't really need, and that we don't really have room for. So I decided against it. I called and let him know what I was planning on doing though.

When I decided that I wasn't going to make the hike up there, I went up to Lowe's to buy some flowers for my front flower beds and something to plant under the pine tree in the front yard. About 30 minutes and $56 later, I had stuff loaded in the back of my Jeep, and I was on my way home! I didn't get everything I wanted because I couldn't find it all, but here's what I got...

2 Peppermint Hydrangea's. These are planted in the far north part of the flower bed where it bows out away from the house a little bit.


Close up of the flowers on the Peppermint Hydrangea's.


These can actually have blue or pink stripes 'painted' in the center of the white flowers depending on the pH of the soil. Maybe next year I'll play around with that a little bit to see what happens! I would love to get the soil balanced enough to have them come out purple.

I also got some Impatients. I've always loved these little flowers. Although, they were MUCH easier to handle the last time I dealt with them. They used to come in individual 'pods', but now, you get 3 stems per 'pod' so they all have to be broken apart. Well, I bought 10 'pods' of Impatients to spread across the two beds. I can't remember exactly what breed they are, but they are dark pink...almost red on the outside edges, with a white stripe down the middle! Check em out!

The Impatients in the bigger bed...


In the smaller bed...


And a close up of the flowers!


I'm very excited to FINALLY have some flowers planted. I didn't get my vegetable garden this year because the back yard has been on hiatus pretty much since we moved into the house. Next year though for sure! I'm going to have all kinds of stuff growing!

P.S. I also got some Hosta's to plant under the pine tree in the front yard...but I didn't take any pictures lol

I would also like to say Happy Father's Day to all new dads, old dads, and soon-to-be dads!

~Peanut


"Father! - to God himself we cannot give a holier name."
-William Wordsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment