Pages

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The End of an Era...

Well, over the last month, I have gotten married (my drivers license number now starts with a 'B' **giggle**), cut my hair, and now it's time for me to say good-bye to the great Green Machine, and welcome my new "mom-mobile"! No, there are no kiddies on the way yet...sheesh...we're just getting prepared! lol

The Green Machine had a decent life. No, I didn't take care of her as well as I could have, but she always got me where I needed to go...sometimes reluctantly, but got me there nonetheless. I had her for a little over 8 years and that's the longest I have ever had a vehicle to date. Second longest would be the gray Cavalier station wagon I believe...but that and my wonderful Sonoma are close in time. I totaled the Sonoma pretty close to 15 months to the day of signing the papers and never really felt right about driving the Green Machine after that. I always wanted my truck back. It was so much fun!!! But, the Green Machine grew on me. She was fun to drive, and rarely fought back when I asked her to "go". Sometimes she would "go" faster than I even thought she could!!! She got me safely to Alabama a couple of times, to Cedar Point MULTIPLE times, even to Chicago once or twice. When I handed the keys over on Monday, she had 116,310 miles of experience on the road! A few dents and dings here and there, some stains, and a prissiness about coming out of park as of late. I tried to remedy that prior to trading her in, but she resisted. I'll miss you Green Machine! You were a good car...



The reigns have been passed on rather smoothly to a new mode of transportation. It's bigger, it's badder...it's four wheel drive!!! :-) I love this thing. I haven't come up with a nickname yet, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time. This thing is...FUN!!! I really like it, and even though it has a few more miles than the Green Machine had, I'm ok with that. I fought myself about that simple fact for a day and then realized that it wasn't as big of a deal as I was making it out to be. So, here it is! Momma's new toy!!!



Yes...it is mine! Muahahahaaaa Well...there are 2 names on the title just because the insurance was in his name, and my drivers license hadn't been changed yet, and that's how the title for the Green Machine read. I can change it though. :-D I'm just a little worried about the gas price. Bigger tank, less miles...oh well...I and our children, when we have them, will be safe. That's all that matters!

~Peanut


Rest in peace...
Adam Thad Riviera
October 1, 1987 - May 17, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment