Pages

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Welcome, 2009!!!

The New Year's Eve party was so much fun! There were 8 of us here last night, with maybe just a little too much alcohol. We played euchre for a few hours, switching teams after each game. I think my partner and I really only made it through a game and a half cause we were laughing way too hard most of the time!!! We all stopped playing cards around 11:57, and rang in the new year watching the ball drop on TV. Phone calls were made, text messages were sent, and within an hour and a half, we had an empty house and headed to bed!!! I haven't slept that soundly in a really long time! I didn't get out of bed until 11:45 this afternoon! HA!

Well, now we say good-bye to 2008, and we welcome in a new year, new hopes, new dreams. We say hello to the opportunity to change ourselves in one way or another with the typical New Year's Resolution. More often than not, these resolutions are dropped after the first month or so, but I'm going to do my best to keep mine going for more than just this year.

My hopes for 2009 (in no particular order):
1) that Cletus will either be called back to work, or will find a new job with a little more stability.
2) that my whole family (immediate and extended) will be healthy, happy, and loved by anyone and everyone.
3) that my friend Adam will overcome his fight with cancer, and recover completely.
4) that my mom will find the happiness that she deserves.
5) that our wedding will go off without anything major going wrong!!! lol
6) that Cletus and I will be blessed with 'good news' sometime after the wedding! :-)
7) that my oldest sister will be able to complete her Nursing Program with even more flying colors than she already has.
8) that my brother will be able to accomplish what he needs to faster than he is expecting.
9) that my other sister will also be able to do well in school.
10) that my step-mom will get better, completely.
11) that this wonderful country will be able to pull out of this economic slump.
12) that my car won't die!! lol

Now, for my New Year's resolutions...yes, more than one. This year, I will get back into my exercise routine. I stopped doing it when I moved out of my apartment and into the house at the end of August. I know I can do it, I just need to drag my butt out of bed in the morning!!! I will also do my best to understand other people's situations before I take things personally, and I will work harder at work.

I can do all of this! I know it!!! Now that it's in writing...I have to!!! lol

Happy New Year everyone. May this year be more positive for you than last year.

God Bless

~Peanut


"I do think New Year's resolutions can't technically be expected to begin on New Year's Day, don't you? Since, because it's an extension of New Year's Eve, smokers are already on a smoking roll and cannot be expected to stop abruptly on the stroke of midnight with so much nicotine in the system. Also dieting on New Year's Day isn't a good idea as you can't eat rationally but really need to be free to consume whatever is necessary, moment by moment, in order to ease your hangover. I think it would be much more sensible if resolutions began generally on January the second."
-Helen Fielding, Bridget Jones's Diary

No comments:

Post a Comment