Pages

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Happy Long Weekend!!!

Well ok, the weekend is over and the majority of us are back to work...and despite the not-so-good news we got on Friday, it was a very enjoyable long weekend!!!

Cletus and I left for Kinde Friday much later than we normally do. That was ok though because we didn't hit hardly any traffic!! We went to the bar for a bit Friday night, and I went to be around midnight...much past my usual bedtime!!! Saturday morning, I didn't get up until 8:30. That might not be sleeping in for some people, but it is for me! I'm up by 6:00 am each day. Anyways...we didn't do very much of anything on Saturday. Went to Cletus' grandma's house to check out some patio furniture, and to help move a dresser out of the house. After that we went to church, had dinner, and headed to the bar again. This time with a Red Wings game to be watched!!! WOOOOO HOOOO!!! We got robbed of the first goal, but the wings still won 4-0! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Saturday night I went to be around 11:30 and slept til 9...oh yeah...that was nice! Sunday was again, a pretty lazy day. Cletus helped his dad cut up an old deep freezer, and later on in the afternoon, we played frisbee! It was so much fun...we're going to have to get a frisbee to keep at the house.

Then comes Monday. We were outside for a few hours, tearing down the pool in the back yard. That was an adventure in itself!!! We were getting swarmed by bees! Ok, it wasn't that bad, but at one time I counted 6 bees in the general vicinity of the pool...NOT cool...not to mention all the spiders that were discovered. EEEEEEW. A couple of them were pregnant too! Even worse!!! You can't try to step on them to kill them because baby spiders will run all over the place...it's disgusting, I've done it before and seen it happen...Then, the last spider I saw was huge. I'm not exaggerating when I say the "butt" of the spider was the size of my index fingernail. Gross, gross, gross, gross!!! The legs were stubby and short compared to most spiders I've seen, especially of this size, and the body was abnormally HUGE. I eek'd a little bit and called Cletus to come check it out. Meanwhile I'm saying things like "eew, gross, kill it" etc. Cletus came to the rescue and now, that dead spider resides in the spray part of the sprayer nozzle thingee which will probably get thrown away now! We were also able to get CBC on his tv (yeah, neither of us have cable, but he gets more stations than me), so we were able to watch the Red Wings hand the Penguins their second loss of the playoffs...another shut out no less...3-0!!! GO WINGS!!!

We both got a little sunburned this weekend, but oh well, it was worth it!

~Peanut


"The trouble with using experience as a guide is that the final exam often comes first and then the lesson."
-Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment