Sunday, September 29, 2013

Put at ease...

At church yesterday. It was so nice!

A little background first. I ran my 5K on Saturday (Yay!), watch for a post about that in the near future. I was EXHAUSTED to say the least. Wound up taking an hour long nap when we got back home, and started feeling pretty sick later on, too. Stuffy nose, cloudy head, sore throat, the works. I decided I was going to go to bed early that night to try and sleep some of it off. Well...I at least have good intentions when it comes to things like that but they never really come to fruition! I don't remember what time I went to bed, but it definitely wasn't early enough.

Anyways. Sunday morning rolled around, and I was reminded of what a wonderful husband I have! I woke up around 8 am (!) to both monitors being turned off, and Michael out in the living 'area' of the house with all three kids. I woke up feeling even worse than the night before. Boo! After a few minutes on my computer and letting myself wake up, I decided I should go ahead and go to church. I got the kids dressed while Michael got ready. When he was done, I got myself dressed and realized I hadn't eaten breakfast OR pumped! Blerg. Que crummy morning feeling on top of everything else. I hooked my pump up (yay for hands free pumping!!!), grabbed some eggs out of the fridge, popped some bread in the toaster and pumped while I made my breakfast. We got out the door a few minutes later than we like to, but we still made it to church on time. This is where the 'put at ease' title comes in...

First off, let me say that I really, really like our new church!

Michael got J&J out of the car, and I carried Alaina in. I had her covered with a blanket, and one of the ushers said to me "Good morning! Is there someone hiding under there?" So I turned so he could see her. He smiled and commented on her chewing on the blanket. As we walked towards an empty pew, Fr. stopped and talked to us. He said to me "I want to congratulate you", while holding his hand out. I was kind of confused so I said "Thank you? For what?" And he replied with "bang, bang, bang" looking at each of the three kids. I chuckled as he started in on a story about his cousin and cousin's wife having 5 kids in 6 years. He said he asked the wife how her health was, and she said she was "always sick". I laughed again because, after all, I was feeling pretty crummy that morning myself!

As we got closer to the time that we offer the sign of peace to each other, my patience had started wearing thin. Justin had been pretty squirmy - but mostly quiet, Julia was all. over. the. place. But again...mostly quiet. Alaina was really tired, but fighting sleep. Thankfully, she only squeaked a few times before falling asleep a little later. When I turned to the lady standing behind us, I shook her hand and said "Peace be with you". She said the same and then said "You have a very beautiful family, and your kids are very well behaved." It made me feel pretty good! I said "Thank you! We're working on it :-) "

Anyways...this has gotten long enough! Have a great day, everyone...

God bless!

No comments: