Pages

Monday, July 15, 2013

Mishmosh update...

Well, it's been a while since I've posted, but here's a quick update!

Things at the new house are going well. We've gotten about 98% of the wallpaper out of the third bathroom, and I was able to get the chair rail down yesterday. Just need to get the crown molding down, and the base molding before we can start sanding the walls. We still need to pull all the nails (these people were OBSESSED with hanging stuff on the walls...), and fill the holes as well. I have picked the paint colors out, and will be starting to shop around for rugs, towels, and a vanity set very soon! Yay! It will be so nice to have at least one room here be "us".

Before

During

(I need to get another one now that the chair rail is down...)

I also cut down the huge shrub that was by the driveway yesterday. It felt so good to be able to get outside and actually do something. I'm always stuck in the house because one or all of the kids are asleep, and I can't leave them inside alone...


Alaina was baptized on June 23rd, but she was less than enthusiastic about it. She had an all out meltdown before hand, and a screaming fit right in the middle of the ceremony. I was mildly embarrassed, but all I could do was laugh. I'm sure the other 3 families could understand anyways...right?


Justin turned the big "TWO" on July 4th, so we celebrated with some at-home fireworks, and a red, white & blue cake for him. We had a little party for him after Alaina's baptism on June 23rd as well. He now has about 6 too many noisy truck toys. haha!


Alaina is now rolling from belly to back, "talking" like crazy already, smiling all the time, and gnawing on her hands like it's going out of style. She just keeps getting bigger every time I look at her. Last night was her first night in the crib, and it actually didn't go too bad! I did have to bring her out for a little bit shortly after laying her down because I couldn't get her to stop crying and I wanted Julia to go to sleep (they're sharing a room). Once she was asleep, she slept until 3:30 this morning, and then until 8:15. Not too shabby. Naps in the crib, on the other hand...leave a lot to be desired. It's a work in progress.

This weekend we will be taking down all of the shrubs in the front of the house!!! It's going to look SOOOOOOOO different. I can't wait to see what kind of flower beds I have to work with next spring, though. I already have so many ideas!

Here's what it looks like right now...

Well, I think that's it for now...
God bless!
~S

No comments:

Post a Comment