Pages

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Day 2!

Well, today is day two of the Fourth Annual Commenting Challenge hosted by Jenna's Journey! Are you participating this year? Have you found some new blog pals? I've found a few that I fully intend to follow much past the commenting challenge. :-)

Each day, Jenna is posting a new topic that we can use if we need to. I didn't need yesterday's because of the house update, but I'm going to combine yesterday's topic with today's just so I can cover both! So, watch out! Here comes a bit about me, my social media, and my favorite movies/TV shows!

Mondays topic: Some of us have "About Us" pages with our info on them...who we are, where we live, who is in our family, etc. and some don't. Also, some of us use various forms of social media (twitter, facebook etc) and others don't. For your post on Monday, you can talk about who you are and/or link to your About Us page and also share about your social media.

Where do you interact with your blog friends? On Twitter? Only in the comments? Share links to your social media accounts and if you don't have an About Us type page, give us a little background on who you are, what you blog about, etc!

Tuesdays topic: What's your favorite TV show/series/reality show? If you don't watch TV, what about a favorite movie or book series? 
Hopefully others who read this post will watch the same shows and you can start some wonderful discussions in your comments section!

Ok, about me...

This is me and my husband on our wedding day.

I'm 32 years old, stay-at-home mommy to our three adorable kiddos:

Julia - 3

Justin - 2

Alaina - 4 months

My husband and I met in March of 2007, were married in May of 2009, and welcomed our three year old in March of 2010! Before I was a stay-at-home mom, I worked for a great advertising company in the accounting department. I started out with A/R work, and moved to data entry. I loved my job. I hated leaving it, but at the same time, I hated being there when I wanted so badly to be home with my babies. Now, I know I have my days when my two toddlers drive me right up a wall, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. A part time job a couple of days a week, maybe...but no more than that! I love to read (my bookshelves on Goodreads have more books than I'll be able to read in the next 10 years I think!), crochet (check out my Facebook biz page!), cook, bake, and spend time with my family...as well as wanting to watch more TV than I can. Haha (we don't have cable).

Most of my blog interaction takes place right here, on my blog. I usually write about random day-to-day living with three small kids, or house related things since we just moved. It might be kind of boring to some, but hey! This blog is my life, in a nutshell. :-)

OK, enough of that, let's move on to TV stuff! I do love to watch TV. A little too much, maybe. We had cable and a DVR for a while at our last house, and it was wonderful! I was able to see the shows I love without trying to stay up until 11:00 every night. However...it sucked nap time away really quick. No cable and no DVR is kind of a blessing in disguise I guess. It gives me a chance to get housework done, or crochet.

My all time favorite TV show has to be Friends. I own all 10 seasons on DVD! I also really enjoy watching American Idol, So You Think You Can Dance, Dance Moms, Family Guy, Everybody Loves Raymond, and King of Queens. My husband and I joke that we're a combination of the couple on King of Queens, and the couple on Everybody Loves Raymond.

Ok. This post has gotten long enough, and it's been two whole days in the making, so I'll end it here! :-)

God bless!
~S

3 comments:

  1. Stopping by from Jenna's. Your kids are precious!

    We loved Friends(and still do). I think it will always be a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. stopping by from Jenna's!! you sweet kiddos are so cute! My girl is named Elena too! ( when I first heard her name (she came from foster care) I thought it was spelled like yours!! we dont have cable either! best decision for our fam! although i do have amazon prime and its about the same!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! :-) We're pretty sure we'll keep them for a while ;-)

    @Colbert Family - We pronounce the name uh-LAY-nuh. Is that how you pronounce it, too? How neat!

    ReplyDelete