Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Plans that Fall Through

One thing that I'm going to try to work on this year (and you will see this in my 2013 post), is being a better friend. I have friends that I haven't talked to in weeks, or worse, months. I have friends that I was supposed to do things with that I never did. Friends that I don't want to lose, and friends that I'm beginning to wonder if I deserve their friendship based simply on the fact that it is partly my fault that we aren't in touch as often as we should be.

But...what about the friends that you make plans with, and something "comes up" and the plans fall through? I'm not talking about sickness or anything along those lines. That's completely understandable. I hate going places when someone is there knowing full well that they or one of their family members are contagious. This is the number one reason that I don't go places if I, Michael, or the kids are sick. I don't want to be responsible for someone else catching a bug that will put them out for any period of time. That I can deal with. What about when you make plans with someone that will take place one of two days, only to find out that the person you waited around for all day decided to leave the state, won't be back in the time frame of your plans, and they didn't tell you? That's what I don't care for. A simple heads up would work...something along the lines of "Hey, I'm going to do this instead" would suffice much better than finding out after sitting around on your tush, putting off errands and other plans that you could have handled in that time frame. *sigh* One of the things I guess I need to get over. I guess not everyone is going to cancel ahead of time, but some will rather cancel after the fact...so-to-speak.

Anywho. Time to start dinner!
God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment