Pages

Monday, October 26, 2009

Growth, Love, Excitement, Desire, Anticipation...

This past weekend I went to Frankenmuth with my mom, my sister, my niece, and my sis's friend from Virginia. We had a BLAST. Saw some pretty things, too!!! We also went to Zhender's for lunch. I had a Michigan Cherry salad with chicken, and a bowl of Zhender's noodle soup...YUMMY!!! I love their noodle soup...it's just so tasty! When we were done with lunch, we wandered around the gift shop and I found this absolutely adorable and beautiful gray wool coat that I wanted really bad...but it was $176. Once we left the gift shop (sans coat...), we headed to the fudge store, and I came home with 1/2 pound of peanut butter chocolate fudge instead. :-)

Yesterday, Michael and I worked on getting the guest bedroom and nursery "around" after I put my laundry away. The guest bedroom is all but done. There is still a bookcase in the nursery that has to go into the guest bedroom, but once I go through that, and it gets moved...the guest bedroom is done! Then...it's up to me to tackle my stuff that is still in the nursery. It's all good though, cause at least there's room in there for a crib and a rocking chair now! The only bad part about yesterday? I started getting a splitting headache...again...around 4 or 5:00.

After all of that was done, I was sitting on the couch and Michael was sitting on the...um...comfy chair, and he looked at me...just smiling. Of course I said "...what?" and he said "You look all...motherly!" I chuckled and he went on with "You know, your bump is showing, and you just look...motherly." It was pretty cute to me! :-) So, having said that...it brings me to my next thing. I took my 18 week picture yesterday, and there was only a little bit of a change to my belly. I know it's coming though! I'm probably going to wake up one day and look in the mirror and say "Holy crap!!! Where did THAT come from?!?!?" LOL It's all good...my lease is up, and the baby is subletting. Pretty soon it will take over my body, and eventually, my life! Yay! I can't wait...I already love this baby so much more than I ever thought was possible... We have 2 boy names and 2 girl names picked out already...we've had them for about two years actually!

Feeling the movements is such a reassurance too. I'm at the point in the pregnancy that symptoms are few and far between if there are any, and since the bump is just a bump right now, there's no way for me to know that everything is ok in there unless I call the doctor and ask for an ultrasound. Well, I'm not going to do that because it would probably cost extra...and believe me, they're not cheap!!! I've seen the insurance submissions! So feeling a little a little poke or prod here and there, or a flutter on occasion, helps set my mind at ease that the lil bean is still alive and well. Pretty soon though, I'll be able to distinguish between a kick, an elbow, a head...you name it. And then...Michael won't have to be jealous that I'm feeling the baby and he can't. :-)

Anyways...that is all...

No comments:

Post a Comment