Pages

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving

Every year for the last...I don't know how many years, my family on my dads side have gotten together on Thanksgiving to celebrate Christmas. There's lots of food, lots of laughing, and lots of fun to be had! We make Thanksgiving dinner potluck/buffet style. Everyone brings a dish to pass, and usually, the host handles the turkey. We do a grab bag gift exchange - usually with home made/hand made gifts - where people can "steal" from someone that has opened their gift. It has gotten pretty scrappy in the past when we've all made home made items. I love this get together, and look forward to it every year. The turkey...the mashed potatoes...the green bean casserole...mmmmmmm. Hanging out with the family members that I may not get to see very often. It's something that I really, really enjoy!!!

This year, however...we didn't get to go. Both kids were sick (still are somewhat), and we didn't want to take the chance of getting anyone else sick. I went ahead and sent my food items and grab gifts over so that we could still participate. When the time came for the gift exchange, my brother-in-law and I got on Skype so that we could "be there" for it all! It was really neat. I'm still bummed that we didn't get to have the usual turkey/mashed potatoes/green bean casserole for dinner, but I will be having a turkey dinner in the very near future! I'm determined :-) Instead, we had venison steak, mashed potatoes and corn. Not too shabby for a last minute dinner.

Anywho...I'll be posting my "One Month of Thanks" in just a few days, so be on the watch for that!

God bless,

No comments:

Post a Comment