Pages

Friday, March 7, 2008

I would like to have one question answered…

What’s with all the negativity, lack of respect, and lack of common courtesy? I can remember when people would say ‘thank you’ for opening the door for them, or actually say ‘excuse me’ when they practically run you over in the store. I remember when people would actually stop to help when someone was in trouble. Hell…I remember when people didn’t have to be AFRAID to help people out!!! But lately, it seems as though people just don’t care.

Let’s talk common courtesy. Just yesterday, I was walking through Target, and 3 people plowed by me without even a second glance. There was one lady though, that actually said ‘oh, excuse me dear’ or something along those lines. WOW!!! Someone actually said excuse me!!! I am so used to being the one who practically gets run over, then when the person gets by me and is still within earshot I say ‘excuse you’. Then you get the people that don’t move when you say ‘excuse me’. Like they’re the most important person in the world, and no one else matters…whatever…you’re no better than anyone else in the room. Now, I left work early on Wednesday because I wasn’t feeling well. When I pulled into my apartment complex, there was a woman in a minivan stuck in her parking space because of all the snow. I went to grab my stuff and head inside, but I changed my mind and went to help her out. So here’s me…4”heels, dress pants, sick as a dog, digging snow out from under her tires, and pushing her out.

Now on to the negativity. Why do people have to take a very happy experience and turn it negative? If there’s a party being planned, and 100 people are invited with the ‘admission’ being a dish to pass, don’t whine and complain about having to cook for ‘all those people’. Your dish doesn’t have to feed everyone, just needs to be available if people would like to sample it. Besides, if you’re just going to complain about it, give a gift to the person that the party is for, and don’t make anything!!! Back off a bit, and just don’t participate!!! No one wants to hear your negativity anymore than they want to hear that their pet just died or something.

What’s the definition of respect? Well, one I found was “High or special regard”. With that in mind…if someone says ‘hey, don’t worry about that, I’ll take care of it this afternoon or tomorrow’, what would you do? I would leave it alone. If the person specifically said ‘don’t worry about it’ I wouldn’t touch it! Oh well…maybe I’m just weird…

What are your thoughts?

**sigh**
~Peanut


“Too many people overvalue what they are not and undervalue what they are.”-Malcolm S. Forbes

No comments:

Post a Comment