Pages

Monday, December 17, 2012

Catch-up Update

Whew...I've been away for a bit again! Sorry!

I've been crocheting like a mad woman still, getting caught up on all of the Christmas orders. The last one that needs to be mailed will be going out today! Yay! I just have one more to complete after that, and I only have a few minutes worth of work left on it, then I'll be completely caught up! Yay! I'm anxious to post all of the pictures on my Facebook Page to show off what's been made!

Christmas shopping (on my end at least) was pretty much completed on December 1st. Yay me! I think this is the first year I've been done shopping before December 24th! Ha! Now everything just needs to be wrapped. Shouldn't be too hard, though since I'm pretty much done with Christmas crochet orders.

Baby update: On December 12, I had my 24 week appointment. It started out as a normal appointment. Come in, get weighed, pee in a cup, wait in a room. The nurse came in and checked my blood pressure which came back normal. The doc was in the room pretty much before the nurse was out. He asked how I was feeling, if I was feeling movement, etc, etc. Everything was checking out just fine! Then, he got the doppler out to listen for the baby's heartbeat. This is when the appointment kind of took a turn for a few minutes. The doctor was moving the doppler around trying to find a heartbeat. He kept finding mine, but not baby's. A couple of times he thought he heard it, but it wasn't clear enough. I kept thinking to myself "there's no way...this baby just kicked me last night...there's no way...come on baby, come out of hiding...please!!!" Finally, after what felt like an ETERNITY of playing 'chase the baby', I was almost in tears when we heard that wonderful "whoosh, whoosh, whoosh, whoosh" sound. It was such a relief!!!

Once we were done with that, he asked if I had any questions. Well, back at my 20 week ultrasound, I wanted to find out the sex of the baby. Michael was kind of a pain, and we didn't wind up finding out. So, when the doctor asked if I had any questions I said "What are your thoughts on elective ultrasounds?" He said "For what?" So I said "To find out the sex of the baby..." We talked for a few minutes about the 20 week ultrasound, how we didn't get to find out, and that he would write me a prescription at my next appointment and send me back to the hospital for another ultrasound. Then - and this caught me completely off guard - he said "Know what? I've stressed you out enough already today, let's just go take a look". I was blown away!!! We headed to the ultrasound room, him saying that he couldn't guarantee that he'll be able to tell me, and me reassuring him that I know what I'm looking for (thanks to Dr. Google and BabyCenter...lol). We got in there, got everything set up, and after a few seconds, he turned the screen towards me. And I saw it. Three blazing white lines! I said "That's a girl!!!" He said "You think?" I was so excited (and relieved...Justin is enough of a handful...LOL!!!) to see those little lines!!! So, baby number three will be adding our second little princess!!! SQUEEE!!!

Anywho...love and hug your babies extra tight every time you get a chance. The tragedy in Connecticut is proof that they can be taken away from us all too soon...

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment