Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Involuntary Insomnia

Yep. That's what I'm suffering from today. I put the kids down to bed last night just like normal, but a little bit later than usual. When I say a little bit later, I mean 15 minutes tops. I decided to go to bed shortly after 10. Justin woke up at 10:20 ready to eat. Then again around 12:30, and 2:40 (when he ate again), and he proceeded to stay awake until well after 4 am. In the process, he woke Julia up around 2:45. She, too, was awake until well after 4 am. I decided to play "shuffle the babies" thinking the larger pack n play would be better for Justin. So, I put Julia in bed with me and tried to lay Justin down in the full size pack n play. He screamed. By the time I tried that, it was about 3:30. So I thought 'well, what's the harm in having both of them in bed with me. Especially if everyone actually sleeps. I brought Justin to bed with me. He whined and cried for a few minutes before I decided to nurse him. Again. For the second time in Just over an hour. He ate like he had never eaten before. Then, I turned the radio back on to a super fuzzy station and turned it up. Laid Justin down and just laid in bed waiting for him to fall asleep. Thankfully he only fussed for a couple of minutes before passing out again. And Julia managed to sleep for a few more hours in bed with me. I usually get up around 6:30 in order to get some quiet "me" time in the morning since I don't get in any other time. Ever. Well...my alarm went off, and I thought 'no way'. We all slept until about 7:15 this morning.

Having babies = involuntary insomnia...

God bless...

No comments:

Post a Comment